About Me

Truth to tell, I haven’t always wanted to write books. When I hear and read testimonies of fellow writers confessing how they wrote their first books in elementary school, knowing then, ink ran through their veins rather than blood, I sometimes feel like such a fake. You see, I grew up reading romance novels ala Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, losing hours of time submerged in her beautiful prose and complex characters. But Ms. Woodiwiss didn’t write fast enough!! At that point, I thought maybe I could fill in the void she left between novels.

Weren't we all foolish in our younger years??

Writing great books is not as easy as it sounds and I found this out first hand. I’ve written Historical, Suspense, and Contemporary novels, all with one thing in common – romance runs rampant through the pages and all have happy endings.

I love and adore my hero husband and we’ve been blessed with two beautiful children. Considering we live in such a transient area due to the high tech industries transferring their employees, my kids are among the very few in the area that can claim they’ve spent all their lives in the same house. We have three dogs, and raise chickens, goats, sheep, along with the occasional pig and beef. Life can get really hectic at times!!

I work full time at our county Extension Office as the 4-H secretary. Love the place! 4-H is an awesome program for kids and their families. My husband and I are over 10-year leaders and even though our kids are about out of the house, we plan to remain active as leaders and volunteers for years to come.

Music? Songs add so much color to the world. One of many highlights of my life came in 2005 when Nashville, TN hosted the ACFW conference. The home of country music. Nashville came alive as a group of us tromped around the city, taking in the sights, talking to the locals, poking our heads into dark, smoky places to hear the snippets of music eager, young musicians shared with the world. Being writers, of course each of us came home with fodder and inspiration for many novels to come!

I listen to:
Old Alabama and Ronnie Milsap
New Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift
Anything George Strait and Chris LeDoux

I read:
romance,
suspense,
and the Bible – not necessarily in that order.

I write:
Christian romance down on the ranch.

In my spare time, I attempt crocheting and my family loves me enough not to laugh at my not-quite-so-perfect projects.

Cooking is a talent that evades me, though I keep on trying. Books with recipes boasting 3-4-5 ingredients line my shelves.

I love to sew quilting projects, not clothing. So many great fabrics catch my eye in fabric and craft stores. The trick isn’t in the sewing – it’s in choosing the right color combinations.

My latest interest comes in the form of stringing little beads together to create jewelry with just the right colors to match just the right outfits. How fun is this?? The local Michael’s and Hobby Lobby offer a generous inventory and even an insightful class or two.

My husband, besides being handsome, is also a very patient man : )

Life is good : )